10 April 2007

something vague that we're not seeing.

I went to Aqaba and my neighbor's engagement party last week, but I already wrote about that and saved it on my computer, so I'll post it when I'm at school tomorrow. I'm not moving to Doha next year - Fulbright rejected me, so good riddance and hello rural Africa (in sha allah - still waiting to hear back from Peace Corps). Matt's leaving in two days, which is sad for many reasons, the least of which is that I am now the lone non-smoker in what we've affectionately deemed our derka family. As a parting gift, however, he took Candace and I to AMIDEAST to talk to his boss about getting jobs there now and for the summer, and she's excited about having more english and SAT/TOEFL prep teachers. And she pays real money, which is even better. Speaking of jobs, Candace teaches ballet for little kids at a center here, and her boss may hire me to teach the "Creative Kids" class she started but is now too busy to teach. It's a modern/lyrical/interpretative hodgepodge of creativity and imagination with small children. Anything to get back into dance, I miss it.

Since it's spring break, I haven't been to radical Islam in a week. It's been fabulous. So here's a useless Arabic word pair for the week instead of an infuriating quote. Nadama means "to regret or feel remorse," and tanaadama means "to drink with others." This language is great.

No comments: