22 April 2007

a comedy so dry and black.

I've been trying to finagle my way into becoming invaluable to the UNHCR and thus being included in the carrying out, not just the planning, of a policy workshop in Erbil (that's in Iraq, for my geographically-challenged readers) in June, conveniently when UF and CIEE no longer own the full potential of my passport. Don't worry, it's probably not going to happen, but a girl can dream. On a related note, planning this workshop bears a striking resemblance to kindergarten lesson planning. Keeping the kids engaged and on track for three days is quite a challenge. We've entertained the notion of candy rewards for right answers. (Only quasi-seriously).

Someone here mistook me for a Republican. Not merely a conservative, but a die-hard Republican. What's happening to this world?

Urinalysis costs a mere 2 JD ($2.80) here. Had I known, I would have waited until I moved here to do all my Peace Corps medical tests. Let's hope cost is not correlated with quality.

I've plugged McSweeney's before, but I've gained new readers since then...

Words I see when I write the words "Intelligent Design" while squinting.

We have ways to make you talk.

An open letter to officials of the United States government regarding what's new in my reproductive area. (an oldie, but goodie)

An open letter to Dick Cheney. (see also all other "Open letters to people or entities who are unlikely to respond)

No comments: