19 January 2007

wild jordan.

At long last, here I am! Cambridge and London were fabulous, and now I'm sitting in the nature conservation association's free internet cafe (tree hugging is alive and well across the pond!), which features a mind-blowing selection of vegetarian entrees - I never expected to encounter tofu and veggie burgers over here. I'll post a real update on my adventures soon, but Jordan is defying expectations thus far. I should have a cell phone shortly, but since it's Friday, there's not much open until the evening. Pictures coming soon(ish) too, but I start orientation soon, so we'll see how much free time I have. Until then, salaam!

PS. There's a town called Petropavlovsk in northern Kazakhstan. And here I was, so proud to have been to Siberia. I'm going to try to visit Kazakhstan this summer with a friend, we may have to detour through there just to say we did.

2 comments:

Jelly Doughnut said...

You know you'll want to visit Berlin after Kazakhstan! Best. City. Ever!

Tea said...

That's awesome, you'll have to post some authentic Jordanian vegetarian recipes.

Nick